Sept 10 - Peasant bread
by Kaitlyn Clinkscales on September 10, 2022
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast (must be instant)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add water. Dough will be very watery, stir until it is thoroughly combined with no lumps.
- *At this point, I mix in an herb of choice. Rosemary and thyme work great, but you can use anything or leave it out entirely.
- Dough must sit, covered, in a warm area for 2 hours.
- While dough rests, grease one or two making dishes (I do one, but it bakes more evenly as two). I use butter to grease the dishes, but whatever works for you.
- After 2 hours, put dough into greased dish(es). Let rise again, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- If using one dish, bake at 425F for 20 minutes then drop down to 375 for 20 more minutes. If using two dishes, bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then drop down to 375 for 15 more minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes!